Care Navigator/Receptionist – Full Time and Part Time Permanent opportunities
Forest View Medical Centre
The closing date is 11th August 2023
We are looking for confident Care Navigators to join our extremely busy, friendly, dynamic GP Practice. You will need excellent communication, organisation and IT skills, a friendly disposition and the ability to remain calm under pressure. You will need to be flexible and previous experience of working in a health care setting would be an advantage.
Main duties of the job
Receive, assist and direct patients in accessing the appropriate service or healthcare professional in a courteous, efficient and effective way.
Provide general assistance to the practice team and project a positive and friendly image to patients and other visitors, either in person, via the telephone or using other electronic means.
You will be using a new Care Navigation system to help you navigate patients to the most appropriate care at the first point of contact. This may be an appointment within the surgery with one of our clinical staff, or signposting to another NHS service such as Physiotherapy, Community Pharmacists, Social Prescribing, etc. Practice staff have had (and will continue to have) significant involvement in the design of the system, and we believe it will be a huge help to both new and existing staff in dealing with constant changes in NHS services.
Forest View is changing,
We are creating a new and dynamic GP Partnership and have recruited a new Management Team to develop and create friendly and forward-thinking GP Practice located in the Rhondda Valley. Our main surgery is in Ynyswen and we have branch sites in Tynewydd and on the High Street, Treorchy. Staff may need to work across all three sites. We currently have 3 GP partners and approximately 16700 patients. We have our own Pharmacy Team, Advanced Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Paramedic Practitioner, Advanced Mental Health Practitioner, Physician Associate as well as support from a fantastic nursing team including Practice Nurses, Chronic Conditions Nurses, Health Care Assistants and phlebotomist. We have exciting plans for the future and are looking to recruit similarly minded individuals who can engage with patients, empathise with the needs of our registered population and represent the best of our valley community.
- To have a thorough knowledge of all practice procedures
- To work in accordance with written protocols
- Photocopying and printing as requested
- Scan letters into the patient record
- Communicating with patients electronically using text messaging, practice website etc
- Maintain patient records by updating personal and appropriate clinical information
- Administer Tasks as requested by the clinicians.
- Receiving patients consulting with members of practice team
- Receive and make telephone calls as required
- Enter requests for house calls recording all the relevant details and where necessary refer to the duty doctor
- Process repeat prescriptions requests in accordance with practice guidelines
- Be able to cover all reception positions as necessary
- Process appointment requests for today and future appointments from patients by telephone, in person and electronically
- Optimising patients satisfaction
Have working knowledge of telephone systems during in and out of hours
- Clear rooms after surgeries
- Ensure building security have thorough knowledge of doors/windows/alarms
- Any other tasks allocated by Team Leader or Practice Manager
This Job Description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and will be reviewed periodically in conjunction with the post holder. The post holder is required to carry out any duties that may reasonably be requested by the Partners or the Practice Manager.
- Good oral and written communication skills, excellent computer skills
- Experience working in a busy office environment or similar environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Experience in the health care sector
- GCSE Grade A to C English and Maths
Knowledge and Skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Good knowledge of Windows and MS Office
- Ability to record accurate clinical notes
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Forest View Medical Centre
Abergorki Industrial Estate, Ynyswen, Treorchy, CF42 6DL
For more information or to apply I’m happy for candidates to apply by sharing a copy of their CV together with a cover letter applying for the post to:
Practice Manager (Treorchy – Forest View Medical Centre) email@example.com