Families First identify the needs of a family as a whole – as well as the individual issues faced by the people who form that family unit – wrapping bespoke care, support and assistance around that family to secure positive outcomes.
The services provided through the programme take account of the following principles:
- Family-focused – services that look at the needs of the whole family rather than the needs of individual family members.
- Bespoke – services tailored to meet your family’s specific needs.
- Empowering – services that empower your family to take control of your lives.
- Integrated – services that work together to help you in a coordinated way.
- Intensive – support which is focussed but also flexible enough to adapt to your families changing circumstances.
- Local – services designed to address the needs of the local community.
- Pro-active – it is important your needs are identified as early as possible so support can be provided to you in a timely way.
- Sustainable – support which deals with the root cause of problems to enable your family to continue to make progress after support has ended.
As well as the main Team Around the Family approach, Families First in Rhondda Cynon Taf also commissions and supports a range of schemes and initiatives to assist families and if Families First does not meet your needs we may be able to signpost you to another service.
For more information, please contact the Family Information Service.